Monday, April 23, 2012

Tuna Noodle Casserole


This recipe is pretty self explanatory.  I don't have real measurements for things but I based it off of Carrie's recipe.  It turned out really great.  I know some people might completely turn their nose up at this but it was a delicious, warm, meal and tasted great after long work days and commutes.

Tuna Noodle Casserole
Recipe from: Carrie's Sweet Life

2 cups egg noodles
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can of tuna
1/2 cup shredded cheese, divided into two 1/4 cup servings
Plain potato chips, crushed up
Peas and/or corn (I used canned)

Cook the noodles to your preference. Prepare an 8x8 baking dish. (I always spray my baking dish with a little non-stick cooking spray.)

While the noodles are cooking, mix together the soup, tuna, peas and 1/4 cup of shredded cheese. 


Mix the soup mixture with the noodles.  Put into a baking dish.  Sprinkle with the remaining cheese and crushed potato chips. 



Bake about 30 min at 350 or until done.
Note: I doubled this recipe and put it in a 9x13 pan so that we'd have plenty for leftovers the following couple of days. 

No comments: